eCompliance is the electronic version of Governance, Risk and Security Compliance (Compliance) challenges. Like eDIscovery, eCompliance has become a critical issue over the last few years. With the pace of regulation continuing to increase, their impact on IT has become substantial. Dealing with risk and security eCompliance issues is challenging as both risk and regulations emanate from many sources, which requires continuous monitoring and impact assessment. Regulatory compliance has become a critical element in IT decisions in the same way that eBusiness, client/server, ERP and other major technological innovations have in recent years.
From an IT perspective, the problem of compliance management issues is most acute for unstructured information - the data that resides in files and file systems. Unstructured data accounts for 80% of corporate data. Some organizations have deployed applications for email archival and enterprise content management (ECM) to address risk & compliance requirements. The information compliance management challenge is a significant risk for corporations. Complying with regulations is difficult in terms of enforcing access control and retention management. However, the more challenging issues are determining which information should be subject to rigorous access control and retention management due to its sensitivity.
The Kazeon eCompliance solution, combined with optional Retention Manager Software for EMC Centera, NetApp's SnapLock or Data Domain's Retention Lock provides organizations with the ability to identify, classify, secure and manage the retention of documents subject to regulatory controls.
- Identify files based on file attributes (filename, size, extension, etc) and/or content contained within the files
- Automatically or manually move/copy the files identified to NetApp SnapLock or Data Domain's Retention Lock volumes (Compliance Storage) and set the appropriate retention dates
- Search content already stored in NetApp SnapLock or Data Domain's Retention Lock volumes
- Set policies to automate many processes - Find all files owned by the group "finance", copy them into risk and security compliance Storage, and set a retention date. Automatically repeat this once a week.
- Automatically report on the status of risk and security compliance data moved to the Compliance Storage
- Report daily on files that have met their expiration date and send an e-mail to the compliance team for review.
- Generate weekly reports showing files that have been moved into risk and security compliance Storage and e-mail them to administrative staff.
- Output sets of files to PST,XML or CSV for auditors
The Kazeon eCompliance solution dramatically reduces the cost of identifying information subject to risk or regulation from the volumes of file-based content distributed across the enterprise.
- Lower the costs of compliance by rapidly identifying and acting on information subject to risk or regulation
- Ensure permanence, accuracy, integrity, and security of data by moving or coping information to leading compliance storage solutions from Network Appliance and Data Domain
- Ensure consistent enforcement of polices by setting rules-based policies based on compliance requirements and file content
- Rapidly locate specific content already stored in NetApp's SnapLock and Data Domain's Retention Lock using search
- Conduct rapid risk audits by reporting on or searching for documents that present a particular risk profile